Crime: Armed robbery reported on Line Avenue
The Daily Reflector
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
A 31-year-old Greenville man was listed as the victim of an armed robbery in a Greenville Police Department case report released on Monday.
The incident occurred about 3:10 p.m. in the roadway in the area of Line Avenue, according to reports. Line runs between Farmville Boulevard and Chestnut Street in west Greenville.
The report indicates a semi-automatic firearm was used in robbery and kidnapping involving five suspects. It did not indicate whether any property was stolen.
The report listed a Durham address for the victim. The extent of his injury was listed as “not reported.” An investigation was ongoing.
The police department released other reports Monday with the following details and allegations:
• A 17-year-old Greenville man was listed as the victim in an assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill. The incident occurred about 12:50 p.m. on Thursday in the 2100 block of Stantonsburg Road. The report indicated a handgun was used in the assault. It did not elaborate on the extent of injuries to the victim. One suspect was involved and the relation between the suspect and victim was listed as stranger. An investigation is ongoing.
• Someone fired a shotgun into an occupied dwelling in the 100 block of Luci Drive about 11:30 a.m. on Sunday. Luci Drive is off of Greenville Boulevard south of 10th Street. A 31-year-old man was at the home when the incident occurred. The report did not say if he was injured. One suspect was involved. The report listed the suspect as a stranger to the victim. An investigation was ongoing.
• 400 block South Meade Street, 8 p.m. Nov. 9-midnight Nov. 10: front door of home entered without force; no items listed as stolen; investigation ongoing.
• 2600 block Calvin Way, 1:30 p.m. Nov. 9-11 a.m. Nov. 10: front ground window of residence entered without force; Vizio 55/60-inch television, Samsung 46-inch television and Emerson 32-inch television, all valued at $600, stolen from residence; investigation ongoing.
• 1000 block Cortland Road, noon Nov. 5-noon Nov. 6: door of home’s storage building jimmied to gain entry; wood panel holding lock sustained $10 in damages; Troy-Bilt weed trimmer and bicycle valued at $280 stolen; investigation ongoing.
• 200 block North Sylvan Drive, 9:30-10:16 p.m. Nov. 9: rear door of home entered without force; Sharp 42-inch flat screen television valued at $229 stolen; investigation ongoing.
• 2400 block County Home Road, 6:35 a.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 9: rear door of home kicked in to gain entry; rear door listed as damaged; amount of damage not listed; Scentsy wax warmer in unopened box and Sanyo 32-inch flat screen television valued at $161 stolen; investigation ongoing.
• 703 Fleming St., 9 p.m. Oct. 5-3 p.m. Oct. 6: attempted break-in at Tabernacle House of Prayer reported; no items reported stolen; investigation ongoing.
• 100 block Brownlea Drive, 1:30-8 a.m. Nov. 12: 2004 Mazda car, 2013 Kawasaki motorcycle and 1996 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck sustained damages of $440; car keys of unlisted value recovered; investigation ongoing.
• 3100 block Ms. Paul Lane, 5-6 p.m. Nov. 11: single-pane glass window of home sustained $150 in damages by neighbor; case inactive.
• 3900 block Sterling Pointe Drive, near Winterville, noon Nov. 10-1:52 p.m. Nov. 11: 2006 Chrysler 300 car damaged; amount of damages not listed; case inactive.
• 400 block West Roundtree Drive, 9 p.m. Nov. 10-9 a.m. Nov. 11: 2008 Chevrolet Equinox SUV sustained $1,000 in damages; case inactive.
• 300 block South Library Street, 3-5:34 p.m. Nov. 10: phone line outside of home sustained $50 in damages; investigation ongoing.
• 3000 block Evans Street, 11:30 a.m.-12:03 p.m. Nov. 10: 2018 Toyota Camry sustained $1,000 in damages; case inactive.
• 400 block Millbrook Street, 8:30 p.m. Nov. 9-7:50 a.m. Nov. 10: 2011 Chevrolet Impala sustained $1,000 in damages; investigation ongoing.
• 2900 block Cedar Creek Road, noon Sept. 30-noon Nov. 8: walls and floor of residence sustained $5,000 in damages; case inactive.
• 1000 block Peed Drive, 7-7:37 p.m. Nov. 7: door frame at home sustained $300 in damages; case inactive.