Man arrested for sex crimes
The Daily Reflector
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
A Greenville man was jailed on charges he committed felony sex crimes involving a child who is under the age of 13, the Pitt County Sheriff's Office reported on Monday.
William Benjamin Stocks, 18, of Bridge Court is accused of committing the acts between June and July, according to news release issued Monday.
Stocks was arrested by detectives on Friday and charged with indecent liberties with a child and solicitation to commit first-degree statutory sex offense with a child under the age of 13.
He was jailed in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $200,000 bond.
The sheriff’s office released reports Thursday through Sunday with the following details and allegations:
- 300 block Teel's Estates Road, 3 p.m. Aug. 14-4:10 a.m. Aug. 15: $100 stolen from home; case cleared.
- 1000 block Whichard-Cherry Lane, 10 a.m.-9:21 p.m. Aug. 14: Home entered; no items reported stolen; investigation ongoing.
- 5000 block Weyerhauser Road, midnight-6 a.m. Aug. 13: Stihl trimmer valued at $300 stolen from home; case active.
- 300 block Turnage Road, 8:46 a.m. Aug. 13: Power tools valued at $4,600 stolen by employee who had been fired from business; case active.
- 1000 block Perkins Road, 8:20 p.m.-8:36 p.m. Aug. 13: 66-year-old woman assaulted by parent; case cleared.
- 300 block Williams St., midnight-9:59 a.m. Aug. 12: Mailbox sustained $50 in damages; investigation ongoing.
- 1800 block Fred Drive, 1:19 p.m. Aug. 12: Chevrolet Suburban sustained $5,000 in damages; investigation ongoing.
The Greenville Police Department released reports Thursday through Sunday with the following details and allegations:
- 3300 block Frontgate Drive, 3:44 a.m. Aug. 15: Vehicle forcibly entered; investigation ongoing.
- 600 block Glendale Drive, 1:30 a.m. Aug. 4: $2,500 stolen from safe in home; investigation ongoing.
- 200 block S.W. Greenville Boulevard, 2:01 a.m. July 1: $29 worth of cigarettes reported stolen
- 2000 block Allen Road, 1:10 a.m. Aug. 13-11:42 a.m. Aug. 14: Fencing valued at $100 stolen from Woodridge Mini Storage; investigation ongoing.
- 4000 block Dickinson Avenue Extension, 6:46 p.m. Aug. 13: Credit/debit cards, purses, checkbook and credit card holder all valued at $190 stolen from vehicle outside store; case inactive.
- 3000 block Colony Court, 9 a.m. Aug. 12: Jordan basketball shoes, wallet and PlayStation 4 with two controllers, all valued at $510, stolen from home; investigation ongoing.
- 3000 block East Tenth Street, 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Aug. 14: Tablet valued at $30 stolen from apartment; investigation ongoing.
- 1500 block Broad Street, 11:56 a.m. Aug.14: Statesman riding mower and hand tools valued at $525 stolen from home; case inactive.
- 3000 block Frontgate Drive, 3:44 a.m. April 15: Vehicle entered; no items reported stolen; investigation ongoing.
- 3000 block Stantonsburg Road, 3:18 p.m. -3:25 p.m. Aug. 14: $300 worth of lottery tickets stolen from Speedway gas station:
- 1000 block Wellons Drive, 7 a.m. Aug. 14: 29-year-old woman suffers minor injuries in assault by boyfriend; case inactive.
- 800 block South Memorial Drive, 6:28 a.m. Aug. 14: 18-year-old woman assaulted at business; no injuries listed; case inactive.
- 3200 block Colony Court, 4 p.m. Aug. 17: 2017 Volkswagen Passat sustained $500 in damages in parking lot; investigation ongoing.
- 1300 block Colonial Avenue, 2:02 p.m.-3:03 p.m. Aug. 14: Cable box valued at $100 damaged at home; investigation ongoing.
- 2000 block South Memorial Drive, 8:10 a.m.-6:15 p.m. Aug. 14: Glass window pane valued at $100 damaged at home; case inactive.