DWI Report: Man found asleep behind the wheel
The Daily Reflector
Sunday, September 1, 2019
A Greenville man was charged with driving while impaired was asleep behind the wheel while his vehicle was in a travel lane, according to Pitt County court records.
Antoine Otneline Wiggins,38, of 3348 Landmark St. Apt. J3, was stopped at 11:36 p.m. on Aug. 23 near U.S. 13 by the State Highway Patrol.
When the trooper approached, Wiggins was observed sleeping. He swayed when he tried to walk and also stumbled and urinated in his pants. He had a strong odor of alcohol coming from his breath and his speech was slurred.
His blood alcohol level was not available.
Five other people also were charged with driving while impaired, according to court records and law enforcement reports available between and Aug. 18 and Aug. 25. In other cases, court documents indicate:
- Emir Lopez Morales,38, of 1657 Mandy Drive, Greenville, was stopped shortly after 2 a.m. on Aug. 25 near Clarks Neck Road by the State Highway Patrol. He had red, glassy eyes and a strong odor of alcohol coming from his breath. His vehicle was seized at 2:35 a.m.
- Shanisee Nyree Moncrieft,39, of 580 Carson Edwards Road, Ayden, was stopped shortly after 4 a.m. on Aug. 24 near South Main Street by the Farmville Police Department. She was detained at 4:51 a.m. She was observed swerving over the center line several times. She had a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and admitted to drinking and "saying probably too much." Her blood alcohol level was unavailable.
- Thomas Allan Salewski,37, of 2010 Tower Place, Apt. D.,Greenville, was stopped at12:30 a.m. on Aug. 19 near East Marlboro Road and Wesley Church Road by the Farmville Police Department. His blood alcohol level was 0.19.
- Gregory Ray Sutton,52, of 1793 O'Farrell Ave., Greenville, was stopped at 11:44 p.m. on Aug. 21 near 1208 Van Dyke St. by the Greenville Police Department. No further information was available in the case file or the incident report. A copy of the arrest report was not accessible online.
- Douglas Debonayr Tyson,24, of 100 Toby Circle, Apt. B, Greenville, was stopped at 2:05 a.m. on Aug. 24 near Fifth and Jarvis Street by the East Carolina University Police Department. Tyson drove through the intersection of Fifth and Jarvis Streets and failed to slow down and stop for a stop sign. He also had slurred speech and was unsteady on his feet. His blood alcohol level was 0.13.