Dec. 6 Community News
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
American Legion Post 39, 403 St. Andrews Drive, holds bingo games each Wednesday. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., games begin at 6:30 p.m. The program includes games and prizes. Proceeds benefit the military, veterans and families. Call 347-9638 for more information.
Story Time With Santa
The Family Support Network of Eastern North Carolina will host Story Time With Santa at 6 p.m. at the Greenville Convention Center, 303 S.W. Greenville Blvd. Santa will read to children and pose for photos. Tickets are $10 each ($15 for two children in one photo and $20 for three or more in a photo). Reservations required. Email email@example.com
“Aggie Night” will be celebrated at 7 p.m. at the Greenville Convention Center, 303 S.W. Greenville Blvd. Aggie Night is an informal gathering designed to address questions about N.C. A&T State University’s application process, academic majors, financial assistance, academic scholarships, student life and other topics. The Pitt County Alumni Chapter of N.C. A&T will be there providing support. To confirm attendance, visit www.undergraduateadmissions.ncat.edu. For more information call 336-334-7946.
Grimesland's Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday at Grimesland Community Park, 7592 Pitt St., Grimesland. For more information call 752-6337.
Young Democrats of Pitt County will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Pitt Street Brewing Company, 630 S. Pitt St. For more information contact PittCountyDems@gmail.com or visit Facebook.com/PittDems.
The Pitt County Democratic Party will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Alice Keene Center, 4551 County Home Road, This month’s meeting will be a holiday social. Attendees should bring a small dish to support the event and a canned food item to assist in sponsoring a family for the holidays. For more information contact PittCountyDems@gmail.com or visit Facebook.com/PittDems.
Breakfast with Santa
The Greenville Museum of Art, 802 S. Evans St., will host Breakfast with Santa from 9-11 a.m. Saturday. The event will include a holiday breakfast, a visit with Santa Claus, a digital photo of each child and a keepsake craft. Call 758-1946 or visit gmoa.org.
Hwy 55 Restaurant, 2907 E. 10th St., is will sponsor a breakfast to benefit Pitt County Chapter 37 Disabled American Veterans' Building Fund from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday. Enjoy pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, coffee, tea, juice, milk, soft drinks and danish: $6. Pick-up or delivery. "50-50" available. Eat in and get all you can eat and breakfast with Santa.
• The Hometown Bethel parade will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday along Main Street. A meet-and-greet with Santa and Mrs. Claus will immediately follow at the gazebo beside the library. Visitors will have an opportunity to take photos. Call 717-0032.
• Farmville’s Christmas parade will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The theme is “Patriotic Christmas.” Call 814-5509 or 714-5158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Town of Winterville’s annual Christmas parade will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Church and Cooper streets. Visit wintervillenc.com.
• The annual Greenville Jaycees Christmas Parade will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday on Evans Street downtown. Visit www.greenvillejaycees.com.
• The Grimesland Hometown Christmas Parade will take place Dec. 16, starting on Pitt Street at 2 p.m.
Decorating for wildlife
River Park North, 1000 Mumford Road, will host Decorating Trees for Wildlife from 1-4 p.m. Saturday. Participants will learn to prepare a winter feast for backyard wildlife. Free with Nature Center admission. Call 329-4560.
Visit reflector.com/communitycalendar for a full listing of events.