Man charged with DWI crashes into ditch, driveway
The Daily Reflector
Sunday, August 18, 2019
A Garner man charged with driving while impaired struck a ditch and a driveway, according to Pitt County court records.
The crash took place on Aug.7 at 5:45 p.m. near Hanrahan Road and Gaskins Road.
The driver, Fabian Jimenez-Salvador, 38, of 4501 Dewars Lane, was traveling Westbound on Hanrahan Road in his 2001 GMC truck when he crossed the center line, and went into a ditch before striking a driveway.
At the time of impact, his vehicle was going 50 mph. The authorized speed limit for Hanrahan Road is 55 mph.
Jimenez-Salvador had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and was uncooperative with the trooper. He had red, glassy eyes and did not follow instructions. His blood alcohol level was 0.14. In addition to being charged with driving while impaired, Fabian-Jimenez was charged with reckless driving.
Six other people also were charged with driving while impaired, according to court records and law enforcement reports available between and Aug. 4. and Aug. 11. In other cases, court documents indicate:
- Michael Allen Babcock, 52, of 2248 Wolf Trap Road, Winterville, was stopped at 3:40 p.m. on Aug. 7 near N.C. 30 by the State Highway Patrol. He had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and red, glassy eyes and was swaying. His blood alcohol level was 0.18.
- Austin Jens Carr, 26, of 2873 Cypress View Drive, Greenville, was stopped at midnight on Aug. 10 near East Fifth Street and Green Springs Drive by the Greenville Police Department. He had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath, was unsteady on his feet and had red, glassy eyes. He refused a breathalyzer test.
- Terrance Devar Gardner, 37, of 2901 N.C. 118, Grifton, was stopped at 10:52 p.m. on Aug.4 near N.C. 11 and Reedy Branch Road by the Winterville Police Department. He was going 73 mph in a 60 mph zone and had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath. His blood alcohol level was 0.15.
- Shelia Ann King, 59, of 2613 Oakley Lane, Farmville, was stopped at 9:40 p.m. on Aug. 10 near East Fire Tower Road. Agency information was not available. She was observed swerving numerous times and was going more than 20 mph over the speed limit of 45 mph. An exact speed was not specified. Her blood alcohol level was 0.20.
- Gary Ian Lancaster,51, of 1327 Carolyn Court, Greenville, was stopped at 9:37 p.m. on Aug. 05 near Fire Tower Road and N.C. 11 by the Winterville Police Department. He had slurred speech, dilated pupils and was unable to perform field sobriety tests. He also was charged with possession of a schedule II substance after the officer found a straw used for cocaine. His blood alcohol level was unavailable.
- Zachary Colin Richards, 21, of 3551 Berachah Road,Ayden, was stopped at 7:11 a.m. on Aug. 10 near Gum Swamp Road in Ayden by the State Highway Patrol. He also was involved in a single vehicle crash. The report was not available. He had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and admitted to drinking.His blood alcohol level was 0.13.