BYH, some see the glass as half empty. I say just get a smaller glass and quit complaining....

Firefighters injured fighting townhouse blaze


A Wednesday morning townhouse fire displaced several residents and injured three firefighters.


By Tyler Stocks
Staff Writer

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Three city firefighters sustained minor injuries while fighting a townhouse blaze on Wednesday morning that displaced nine people, officials said.

The fire, which occurred at 3807 Sterling Pointe Drive, broke out shortly before 9 a.m. and originated from food on a kitchen stove that was left unattended, Greenville Fire-Rescue spokeswoman Rebekah Thurston said.

Thurston said three units sustained damage and a cat was rescued from the burning buildings.

None of the residents were injured, however the firefighters were transported to Vidant Medical Center. As of Wednesday afternoon, two firefighters had been released, Thurston said.

Officials are ruling the fire accidental and the families affected are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Crews from Greenville Fire-Rescue and the Winterville Community Fire Department responded to the fire and had it under control in less than 30 minutes, Thurston said.