Man assaulted, robbed at gunpoint
The Daily Reflector
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
A man told Greenville Police Department officers that he was assaulted and robbed at gunpoint early Monday by three men who jumped him in the area of Paul Circle.
The incident occurred about 2:20 a.m. Monday in the 100 block of Paul Drive, off of Horseshoe Drive near Hooker Road, according to a case report issued on Monday.
The 43-year-old victim was walking home from a convenience store where he had been playing video poker, department spokeswoman Kristen Hunter said.
Three men in a dark-colored car pulled up, the man told police. Two of the men had guns. They exited the vehicle and demanded money, at which point an altercation ensued, Hunter said.
The victim was cut by a knife during the assault, and the robbers took off with $700 according to the incident report.
Hunter said the man refused medical transport.
A detailed description of the suspects was not available. The case remains under investigation, Hunter said.
The department released reports Friday through Monday with the following details and allegations:
- 1800 block Dickinson Avenue, 1 p.m. Sept. 1: License plate stolen off of church van; investigation ongoing.
- 800 block South Memorial Drive, 2:15 p.m. Sept. 6: $740.50 stolen from Harvey’s breakfast place; investigation ongoing.
- 1300 block West Fifth Street, 2:15 a.m. Sept. 7: Two handguns valued at $600 stolen from vehicle; investigation ongoing.
- 300 block East 10th Street, 8:19 p.m. Sept. 7: Apartment broken into; door jam sustained $300 in damages; investigation ongoing.
- 3500 block U.S 264, 5:08 p.m. Sept. 8: 18-pack of beer valued at $23.54 stolen from Speedway; cleared by arrest.
- 100 block Wyndham Circle, 9:15 p.m. Sept. 8: 21-year-old man hit, kicked and punched by person known to him; minor injuries reported; window screen sustained $40 in damages; cleared by arrest.
- 1300 block Westpointe Drive, 12:40 p.m. Sept. 8: 37-year-old man assaulted by girlfriend; investigation ongoing.
- 500 block Brighton Park Drive, 4:01 p.m. Sept. 6: 33-year-old man assaulted by spouse; minor injuries reported; cleared by arrest.
The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office released reports Friday through Monday with the following details and allegations:
- 700 block McDonald Street, 1:45 p.m. Sept. 7: Ladder and LP gas tank, all valued at $35, stolen from home; case active.
- 2400 block Kay Road, 3:30 p.m. Sept. 7: Two bikes, both valued at $600, stolen from home; case active.
- 1600 block Cody Lane, 10:22 p.m. Sept. 7: Automotive parts valued at $78 stolen from home; case closed; leads exhausted.
- 1400 block B’s Barbecue Road, 10:30 p.m. Sept. 7: Vehicle registration plate valued at $20 stolen; case inactive.
- 1600 block Gentle Breeze Drive, 6:30 a.m. Sept. 7: Vehicle valued at $5,000 stolen from home; case active.
- 2500 block Old River Road, 11:30 p.m. Sept. 5: Break-in at New York Grocery; case active.
- 400 block Ridgewood Drive, 10:18 p.m. Sept. 6: Dog valued at $2,000 stolen from home; case active.
- 400 block Blackmoore Run, 3 p.m. Sept. 4: License plate valued at $2 stolen from home; case closed; leads exhausted.
- 7300 block Stokestown-St. John’s Road, 3 p.m. Sept. 6: Electronics, jewelry, power tools, collectibles and cash, all valued at $1,412 stolen from home; case active.
- 2100 block Prudoe Bay Drive, 8:10 a.m. Sept. 7: Purse valued at $60 and $5 in cash stolen from home; case active.
- 4300 block Old River Road, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 6: Ladder valued at $100 stolen from home; case active.
- 900 block Osborne Lane, 10:18 a.m. Sept. 6: 52-year-old man assaulted by unknown person; case unfounded.
- 900 block Black Jack-Grimesland Road, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 5: 38-year-old woman assaulted by boyfriend; victim refused to cooperate.
- 100 block N.C. 903 North, 4:25 p.m. Sept. 8: 24-year-old woman assaulted by spouse; case active.
- 600 block Keith Drive, 1:30 a.m. Sept. 8: 27-year-old woman assaulted by known person; minor injuries reported; victim refused to cooperate.
- 200 block Avalon Lane, 1:08 a.m. Sept. 8: 41-year-old man assaulted by girlfriend; minor injuries reported; case active.
- 2400 block Black Jack-Grimesland Road, 9:40 p.m. Sept. 7: 31-year-old woman assaulted by uncle; minor injuries to neck reported; cleared by arrest.
- 100 block Cedarwood Circle, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 7: 37-year-old man assaulted by friend; minor injuries reported; case active.
- 6300 block W.W. Gaskins Road, 5:57 p.m. Sept. 7: 44-year-old woman assaulted with gun by neighbor; neighbor communicated threats; case active; warrants obtained.
- 5000 block N.C. 11, 5:15 p.m. Sept. 7: $10 worth of building materials damaged; case active.
- 1600 block Anderson Road, 1:30 p.m. Sept. 8: Two vehicles sustained $1,400 in combined damages; tires were cut and vehicles were scratched; case active.
Contact Tyler Stocks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-329-9566. Follow him on Twitter @Tylerstocks1987