- Burning Bush United Holy Church, 280 Bailey Lane, Vanceboro, will have a Communion service at 6 p.m. today. Quarterly meeting, homecoming and friends and family day will be celebrated at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday. Bishop T.L. Davis and Progressive Free Will Baptist Church will be guests at the afternoon service.
- Cherry Lane United American Free Will Baptist Church will celebrate its 71st anniversary at 7:30 a.m. Feb. 27-March 1 and at 3 p.m. March 3. Guests include Bishop C.R. Parker and Zion Chapel, Feb. 27; Elder P. Foxworth and Zion Hill, Feb. 28; Pastor L. Andrews and Whichard Chapel, March 1; and Elder Robert Wilder and Haddock Free Will Baptist Church, March 3.
- Clemon Grove Holiness Church, Stokes, will have revival at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Friday. Pastor Robert Watts of Belmont will be the guest speaker.
- Fleming Chapel Original Free Will Baptist Church, 1321 Belvoir Highway, will celebrate its ushers’ anniversary at 3 p.m. Sunday. The choirs of Chapman Chapel and Corey Chapel Original Free Will Baptist churches will be in concert. Dinner will follow.
- House of Judah Church of God Ministries, 3867 W. Wilson St., Farmville, will have a service at 3 p.m. today. Pastor Ernest White of Shekinah Glory will speak. At 3 p.m. Sunday, there will be a spiritual gifts service. Speakers include Elder Barnita Bynum from New Freedom Ministries in Tarboro; Elder Ella Hooks from Holly Hill Free Will Baptist Church in Belvoir; and Eldress Hazel Gardner from Joe’s Branch Church in Calico. In celebration of the pastor’s anniversary, Pastor George Dupree and St. James in Farmville will lead a service at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
- Mount Zion Holy Church, 3325 Ayden Golf Club Road, Winterville, will have a joy night service at 7:30 p.m. today. Pastor Mary Pippen and Noah’s Ark Father, Son and Holy Ghost Deliverance Church will be guests. The church will have revival at 7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Guests are Minister Edna Ebron and Community Outreach Holy Church on the Rock; Monday; Minister Debra Streeter and New Jerusalem Holy Church, Tuesday; Minister Cora Battle and Refuge Temple Holiness Church, Wednesday; Minister Katherine Moore and New Hope Apostolic Church, Thursday; and Minister Towanda Britt and White Stone Holiness Church, Friday. The church will have youth day and a Black History Month celebration at 11 a.m. Feb. 24.
- Noah’s Ark Father, Son and Holy Ghost Deliverance Church, 601 Greenfield Blvd., will have a youth service at 11 a.m. Sunday. Thad Barnes and Hilda C. Teel will speak. At 3 p.m., Pastor Brenda Thompson and St. John Church of Vanceboro will lead a blessings of all kinds service. Linwood and Nell Chance will speak at a prayer service at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Piney Grove Free Will Baptist Church, 335 Riverside Road, Grifton, will have Communion at 7 p.m. today. Elder James Garner will speak. The church will have quarterly meeting and a Black History Month celebration at 11 a.m. Sunday.
- Redemptive Revelation Christian Cathedral 8114 N.C. 258 S., Farmville, will celebrate Pastor Rocknie Jenkins’ anniversary with a Youth Explosion at 4 p.m. Feb. 23.
- Union Grove United American Free Will Baptist Church, 4182 California Road, Farmville, will have appreciation services for Pastor William E. Brown at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday. Guests include Leccie Edwards and Lewis Chapel Free Will Baptist Church and Betty Joyner and Warren Chapel Free Will Baptist Church.
- Zion Chapel Free Will Baptist Church, 377 Planters St., Ayden, will celebrate old-fashioned day at 11 a.m. Feb. 24. Dinner will follow the service.
- Cathedral of Fresh Fire, 1187 Whichard-Cherry Lane Road, will have a Youth Explosion event at 5 p.m. Feb. 23. The event will include singing, dancing and mime.
- Covenant United Methodist Church, 4000 Corey Road, Winterville, will host a screening of “Nefarious” at 6 p.m. Feb. 24 in Campus Building room 102. The film is a documentary about human trafficking.
- First Baptist Church, 205 E. Wilson St., Farmville, will host the Hearts On Fire: Answering God’s Call women’s conference at 9:30 a.m. Feb 23. Teresa Byrum will be the guest speaker. Cost is $15, including continental breakfast and lunch. Registration deadline is Wednesday. Call Delores Oakey at 752-5046 or Joyce Lewis at 531-8279 or email LLEWIS023@nc.rr.com.
- Mount Calvary Free Will Baptist Church’s youth department will host the Valentine’s Day Gala from 5-10 p.m. today at the Pitt County Boys & Girls Club, 621 W. Fire Tower Road, Winterville. Attire is semiformal or formal. Admission is $7 for middle school or high school students, $5 for elementary students and $3 for younger children. The event will include music, food and prizes. Call Angela Everett at 902-7638 or Elder Antonio Brown at 227-9950.
- Memorial Baptist Church of Williamston will host “A Fresh Brewed Prayer Life,” a women’s retreat, from 8:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m Feb. 23 at the Sen. Bob Martin Agricultural Center, 2900 N.C. 125, Williamston. Cost is $25 including a light breakfast and refreshments. There will be an interpreter for the deaf. Visit www.membap.org or call 792-2865.
- Mount Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, 230 Boyd St., Winterville, will host a Black History Month program at 3 p.m. Sunday. The program, sponsored by Lydia No. 170 of the Eastern Star will feature a dramatic presentation, songs and recognition of community groups. Minister Rodney Harris will speak.
- New Dimensions Community Church, 1700 Sixth St., will host African Heritage Sunday at 10:45 a.m. Sunday. The event will include African clothing, dance, poetry and a fellowship dinner.
- Next Generation Church, 401 N. Railroad St., Winterville, will have a Black History Month program at 3 p.m. Feb. 24. Pastor Cedric Frisby and St. John Free Will Baptist Church will be guests.
- Rose Hill Original Free Will Baptist Church’s Tuesday’s Children senior ministry will meet at 11 a.m. Tuesday, in the fellowship building. Lunch will be served. Sandy Rose will provide entertainment, and Kim Blanton will speak.
- Saints Delight Original Free Will Baptist Church, 4679 Ormondsville Road, will have a pancake supper from 5-7 p.m. Feb. 23. Cost is $6.
- St. Mary Missionary Baptist Church, 1701 Staton Mill Road, will host N.C. Men’s Fellowship at 9 a.m. Feb. 23. Guests will be Sam Barber of Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church and the Wings Over Jordan Choir. The church will host a Black History Month service Feb. 24. The guest speaker will be Pastor Dan Lawson from United Gospel Outreach Church of Kinston.
- St. Peter Missionary Baptist Church, 1295 Mumford Road, will host a session with the Red Cross from noon-4 p.m. today. The event, sponsored by Progressive National Baptist Convention and the Focus Group of Pitt County, is titled “Preparing Before the Storm.” The Rev. Terry D. Streeter, pastor of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in Washington, D.C., will speak.
- St. Rest United Holy Church, 154 Hammond St., will host reconstructed women’s fellowship at 9 a.m. today.
- Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1001 Hooker Road, will host a Black History Month celebration breakfast meeting at 9 a.m. today. U.S. Rep. G.K. Butterfield will be guest speaker. The theme is “A Legacy of Success and a Promising Tomorrow.” The church’s young people’s ministry will host “Celebrating the Heroes of Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church” at 6 p.m. Feb. 27. The event will include dance, singing and poetry.
- The choirs of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church and Peace Presbyterian Church will perform J.S. Bach’s Cantata 150, “Nach dir, Herr, verlanget mich” (“For Thee, O Lord, I Long”) in a program of Lenten music at 5 p.m. Sunday St. Paul’s, 401 E. Fourth St. The cantata will include soloists, a small string ensemble and harpsichord continuo. The St. Paul’s choir also will sing the “Magnificat” and “Nunc Dimittis” by Mathias, and the Peace Presbyterian choir will sing “Call to Remembrance” and “Hide Thou Not Thy Face” by Richard Farrant. The St. Paul’s choir is led by Andrew Scanlon, and the Peace Presbyterian choir is led by Peggy Vaughan. The program is free.
- Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church, 1095 Allen Road, will host the S.A. Locks Mass Choir in concert at 5 p.m. today.
- King’s Crossroads Free Will Baptist Church, 2080 Seven Pines Road, will host a gospel sing featuring the Dove Brothers at 7 p.m. Feb. 24.
For the complete article, please pick up a copy of The Daily Reflector. Current home delivery and electronic edition subscribers may log in to access this article at no charge. To become a subscriber, please click here or contact Customer Service at (252) 329-9505.