68°
Weather by

View Full Forecast

Login | Register

facebook Icon rss Icon twitter Icon

Gas prices going up in the East Coast

Back to Forum: Greenville News Board
10 replies [Last post]

hsmom
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 2 2010
Looks like the writing is on the wall, gas will necessarily cost more because of the price of crude and diminishing refining capacity. Brace yourself From New York to Philadelphia, refineries that turn oil into gasoline have been idled or shut permanently because their owners are losing money on them. Sunoco Inc. is expected to close the region's largest refinery in July, taking another 335,000 barrels per day in production capacity off the market. The East Coast refineries are getting squeezed by the soaring cost of crude oil, the major component in gasoline. The cost of oil has jumped in the past year due to global economic growth and rising tensions between Western nations and Iran, a major producer. Refineries haven't been able to increase their own prices enough to compensate. The government said Friday that the increase in gas prices had contributed to a 0.4% overall increase in consumer prices in February. Prices at the pump averaged $3.831 a gallon on Friday, according to the AAA, formerly known as the American Automobile Association. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/17/as-gas-prices-rise-no-relief-in-sight-at-pump/
Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely
I95
User offline. Last seen 31 min 12 sec ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Just get a smaller car.
PittCountyPride
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 19 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
I95 wrote:
Just get a smaller car.
Can't afford $5 gas? Buy a NEW car!!!! And Marie Antonette said, "Let them eat cake!" You are in never-neverland, pdy..._
"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to always be ready, no matter when it may overtake me." Maj. Gen. Thomas J. Jackson, 1862.
hsmom
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 2 2010
I95 wrote:
Just get a smaller car.
grow up little man!
Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely
Dr. Spatic
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Looks like then Governor Romney liked high gas prices because he felt it increased fuel efficiency. Wait, isn't that his accusation of the President? http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/101946/mitt-romney-massachusetts-governor-gas-prices-renewable-energy When Romney Liked High Gas Prices “I don’t think that now is the time, and I’m not sure there will be the right time, for us to encourage the use of more gasoline,” Mitt Romney “I’m very much in favor of people recognizing that these high gasoline prices are probably here to stay.” Mitt Romney
“Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
PittCountyPride
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 19 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
The national average price of gas today is $3.869. The national average THEN was a WHOPPING $2.619... "The nationwide average price for a gallon of regular unleaded hit a fresh high of $2.619 Wednesday, according to AAA, the largest U.S. motorist organization, formerly known as the American Automobile Association." http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/index.htm Thanks a bunch, President Obama! U.S. gas is $1.25 per gallon HIGHER today than it was during the 2005 Katrina crisis. THANKS, SPATIC, FOR REMINDING EVERYONE...
"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to always be ready, no matter when it may overtake me." Maj. Gen. Thomas J. Jackson, 1862.
Dr. Spatic
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
PittCountyPride wrote:
The national average price of gas today is $3.869. The national average THEN was a WHOPPING $2.619... "The nationwide average price for a gallon of regular unleaded hit a fresh high of $2.619 Wednesday, according to AAA, the largest U.S. motorist organization, formerly known as the American Automobile Association." http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/index.htm Thanks a bunch, President Obama! U.S. gas is $1.25 per gallon HIGHER today than it was during the 2005 Katrina crisis. THANKS, SPATIC, FOR REMINDING EVERYONE...
Lets continue your great post. Let's see....gas prices rose $1.25 from 2005 to 2012. That is seven years right? So let's see how much gas prices rose from 1998 to 2005 another seven year period. You said gas prices were $2.619 in 2005. Gas prices in 1998 for a gallon of unleaded was $1.06. So gas prices increased by $1.56 in that seven year period, or 31 cents more than the seven year period from 2005 to 2012. THANKS, PCP, FOR REMINDING EVERYONE...
“Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
PittCountyPride
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 19 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Jasper Spatic wrote:
Lets continue your great post. Let's see....gas prices rose $1.25 from 2005 to 2012. That is seven years right? So let's see how much gas prices rose from 1998 to 2005 another seven year period. You said gas prices were $2.619 in 2005. Gas prices in 1998 for a gallon of unleaded was $1.06. So gas prices increased by $1.56 in that seven year period, or 31 cents more than the seven yearning period from 2005 to 2012. THANKS, PCP, FOR REMINDING EVERYONE...
$2.62 was the high. Within 2 months it was down to $1.359. I would also like to remind everyone that the price of Bush's gas on January 20, 2009 was $1.489 in Pitt County. It is now $3.889. WHEN WILL IT RETURN TO $1.489, SPATIC? TWO MONTHS?
"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to always be ready, no matter when it may overtake me." Maj. Gen. Thomas J. Jackson, 1862.
Dr. Spatic
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
PittCountyPride wrote:
$2.62 was the high. Within 2 months it was down to $1.359. I would also like to remind everyone that the price of Bush's gas on January 20, 2009 was $1.489 in Pitt County. It is now $3.889. WHEN WILL IT RETURN TO $1.489, SPATIC? TWO MONTHS?
Can you remind us what the high under GWB was, and WHY it dropped so dramatically in such a short period of time? Trust me, you don't want to follow that model. It took a global economic meltdown to drop gas prices from their all time high down to $1.489. It went from over 4 bucks down to that in a matter of days. Do you want that again. I didn't think so. hahahahahaha
“Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Dr. Spatic
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 24 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Stop before you look even more foolish.
“Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
PittCountyPride
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 19 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Jasper Spatic wrote:
Do you want that again. I didn't think so. hahahahahaha
What I never want to happen again is for the Democratic Socialist Party to ever hold both houses of Congress and the presidency, all at the same time. The same way they passed Obamacare, in the middle of the night over the dead body of the American people, what will they do next -- give US soveriegnty to the globalists in the UN???? The Pelosi-Reid-Obama conspiracy against the US Constitution must be dismantled!!!
"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to always be ready, no matter when it may overtake me." Maj. Gen. Thomas J. Jackson, 1862.
Bless your heart
Bless your heart

College Football