64°
Weather by

View Full Forecast

Login | Register

facebook Icon rss Icon twitter Icon

Obama's Sequester Gamble

Back to Forum: Greenville News Board
69 replies [Last post]

Equal
User offline. Last seen 1 day 27 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 2 2010
Jasper Spatic wrote:
The house republicans failed.
Obama failed. He has once again proved to be a divider.
Ham and eggs....A days work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Dr. Spatic
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 56 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Equal wrote:
Obama failed. He has once again proved to be a divider.
Maybe, but the House has to send him a bill he can sign. Sequester states that it takes place only if congress fails. Hmmmmm, congress fails....yep congress failed and now sequester will take place. Simple "Sequestration was used in the Budget Control Act of 2011 to encourage Congress to reduce the annual deficit by $1.2 trillion by the end of 2012. If lawmakers failed to do so, the law would have triggered automatic budget cuts to the 2013 national security budget." "A super Congress made up of a select group of 12 members of both the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate was chosen in 2011 to identify ways to reduce the national debt by $1.2 trillion over 10 years. The super Congress failed to reach an agreement, however."
“Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Equal
User offline. Last seen 1 day 27 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 2 2010
Jasper Spatic wrote:
Maybe, but the House has to send him a bill he can sign. Sequester states that it takes place only if congress fails. Hmmmmm, congress fails....yep congress failed and now sequester will take place. Simple
Now you're the one oversimplifying. Obama has a responsibility to lead a nation. He has failed at that aspect of leadership. How many times can he use the "Republicans want dirty air and dirty water" or surround himself with children and claim that they will lose funding unless his demands are met?
Ham and eggs....A days work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Dr. Spatic
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 56 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Equal wrote:
Now you're the one oversimplifying. Obama has a responsibility to lead a nation. He has failed at that aspect of leadership. How many times can he use the "Republicans want dirty air and dirty water" or surround himself with children and claim that they will lose funding unless his demands are met?
You know better. I don't even know why you made that post. OK, so how does he do it when the congress won't compromise with him? Can the President make laws himself? What bill is out there for the President to sign? If I am oversimplifying it, then tell us ole brilliant one how does he go about this other then what he is doing? It doesn't work like that and you know it. Come on dude.
“Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
Dr. Spatic
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 56 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Jasper Spatic wrote:
You know better. I don't even know why you made that post. OK, so how does he do it when the congress won't compromise with him? Can the President make laws himself? What bill is out there for the President to sign? If I am oversimplifying it, then tell us ole brilliant one how does he go about this other then what he is doing? It doesn't work like that and you know it. Come on dude.
I think it is becoming clear that you don't even understand what is going on here. Once again for the hearing impaired. The sequester takes away all the options from congress and the President. There is no shuffling of funds. It is an across the board cut. The only way to stop it is for congress to sign a bill that stops it and send it to the President. Congress has failed at doing this for over a year. The President does not have the power to stop it. Only Congress can stop it. Does that finally clear things up for you?
“Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
PittCountyPride
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 39 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
Jasper Spatic wrote:
Nope, he wanted sequester. Sequester was the only way to get the republicans to possibly come to the table. Unfortunately that didn't even work. The house republicans failed. The American people know they failed.
The only way to get cuts out of Obama was by sequester. He fell for it. Now there will be true budget cuts. Repubs win. Finally King Barack loses. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Obama's brick wall falling on his head...
"My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to always be ready, no matter when it may overtake me." Maj. Gen. Thomas J. Jackson, 1862.
ltp
User offline. Last seen 3 days 19 hours ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 3 2010
If he were held accountable, he would be in prison now.
The only thing O consistently delivers is uncertainty.
Stan
User offline. Last seen 1 year 16 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 2 2010
Jasper Spatic wrote:
I think it is becoming clear that you don't even understand what is going on here. Once again for the hearing impaired. The sequester takes away all the options from congress and the President. There is no shuffling of funds. It is an across the board cut. The only way to stop it is for congress to sign a bill that stops it and send it to the President. Congress has failed at doing this for over a year. The President does not have the power to stop it. Only Congress can stop it. Does that finally clear things up for you?
The whole thing is just a political chess game. Obama is good at it. His political maneuvering skills are stewed to perfection. That's the problem, it's all about politics and power not what's good for the citizens of the country he is "leading". He's got the republicans backed into a corner. They'll fight. There's no choice unless they concede the game. One of the things that makes me throw up a little in my mouth, is how the democrats are like, "come join us, be like us, adopt our values and morals....". It's creepy, like a science fiction movie. Yuck. Even if the republicans go down in a flaming crash dive in 2014, I hope the most, if not all, of them go down fighting, kicking, biting, gun's blazing. You never know, they might pull off a victory. It happens in the movies all the time. And if they gain any seats at all in the House or Senate in 2014 it'll hurt the democrats, both congressional and presidential, a lot worse than they'll be hurt if they lose seats. What do the republicans have to lose by fighting? Not a thing they haven't already lost in the last election. But, we'll see I suppose.
A man that won't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough - Capt. August McCray Texas Ranger
north
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 21 2010
. . . less of a calamity than Obama has warned? so the economy takes a clear turn for the good and the dems suffer for that?
north
Equal
User offline. Last seen 1 day 27 min ago. Offline
Joined: Sep 2 2010
north wrote:
. . . less of a calamity than Obama has warned? so the economy takes a clear turn for the good and the dems suffer for that?
Ask that in another way. Expound.
Ham and eggs....A days work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Bless your heart
Bless your heart

College Football