- Cox Chapel Full Gospel Church, 2409 Jones St., Winterville, will hold an ordination service for Norvell Cooper at 3 p.m. Dec. 18.
- En-Power Disciple Church Ministries, 8482 E. Marlboro Road, Farmville, will hold an impartation service at 7:30 p.m. Friday. Norbert E. Simmons of Deeper Life Church Ministries of Goldsboro will speak.
- Holy Trinity United Holy Church, 305 N. Skinner St., will hold a service at 3 p.m. Sunday. Linda Moore will speak. The New Bern District Choir will sing. The Mission Department will hold a service at 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Next Generation Church, 401 N. Railroad St., Winterville, will celebrate its pastor’s 39th anniversary at 5 p.m. today and 4 p.m. Sunday. Big James Barrett and the Golden Jubilees will sing today. Billy Anderson and Arthur Chapel Free Will Baptist Church will be guests Sunday.
- Noah’s Ark Father Son and Holy Ghost Deliverance Church will hold a Communion service at 11 a.m. today. Quarterly meeting will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday. A prayer service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Mary Andrews, Willie Andrews and Kulisha Moore will speak.
- Parker’s Barbecue, 3109 S. Memorial Drive, will hold a worship service from 9-10 p.m. Dec. 18.
- Pleasant Plain United Holy Church in Ayden will hold a worship service at 3 p.m. Dec. 18. Demetrius Williams and Live Oak United American Free Will Baptist Church of Grifton will be guests.
- Progressive Free Will Baptist Church, 1503 Hooker Road, will hold an appreciation service for Pastor T.L. Davis at 11 a.m. Sunday.
- St. Rest United Holy Church will hold its business conference at 11 a.m. Dec. 17 with Communion served at 1 p.m. A homecoming and quarterly meeting for First Baptist Church of Bailey will be held at St. Rest at 11 a.m. Dec. 18.
- Black Jack Original Free Will Baptist Church, 2972 Black Jack Simpson Road, will host its live drive-through Nativity from 6:30-8 p.m. Dec. 16-18. The free event will feature a cast of characters from the biblical story and live animals. For directions call 752-6485 or visit www.blackjackchurch.org.
- Burning Bush United Holy Church in Vanceboro will hold a birthday celebration for Pastor Molly S. Davis at 4 p.m. today at the Vanceboro Community Center.
- The Community Outreach Soup Kitchen of Farmville, 3492 S. Walnut St., needs volunteers to wrap gifts, cook and serve meals daily from noon-1 p.m. Monday-Friday. Donations of cold weather clothing is needed. Coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, sweatpants, thermal underwear, gloves, hats, scarves, earmuffs and socks are needed. Gifts for children and adults in need can also be donated. Drop off at the church, Kue Pharmacy, 3793 Main St., and Curves of Farmville, 3729 W. Wilson St. Call 753-3737.
- Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 3505 S. Walnut St., Farmville, will hold its annual greening of the church at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. A Eucharistic service will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday. Poinsettias may be purchased for $10. Call Linda Burti at 753-4212 or the church at 753-3737. The Right Rev. Clifton Daniel III, Bishop of the Diocese of East Carolina, will be the guests at the 11 a.m. Dec. 18 service. A luncheon will follow. A Christmas eve service will be held at 11 p.m. Dec. 24 and will include a Eucharist.
- House of Judah Church of God Ministries will hold the Down East Christian Organization’s 24th annual Christmas banquet at 6 p.m. today. Shirlee Williams will speak. Tickets are $10 for ages 11 and up, $5 for children 4-10. Call Lisa Dawson at 378-0963. Minister Chalanice Taft will speak at 11 a.m. Sunday during the youth day service.
- Immanuel Baptist Church, 1101 S. Elm St., will present “Miracle in the Night” at 7 p.m. Sunday. The program, written and compiled by Laura Lavin, music director, will include Christmas music by the Chancel Choir and Korean Mission Singers along with child soloists and dramatic monologues.
- Piney Grove Free Will Baptist Church, 335 Riverside Road, Grifton, will hold a Christmas play and banquet at 6 p.m. Dec. 17.
- St. Mary Missionary Baptist Church’s Children’s Ministry will present “Old Time Christmas” at 4 p.m. Dec. 17. Echoes of Divine Purpose from Mount Calvary Free Will Baptist Church will be guests. The church is a 1701 Staton Mill Road.
- Black Jack Original Free Will Baptist Church, 2972 Black Jack Simpson Road, will have its adult choir cantata, “Majesty of Heaven” at 10 a.m. Sunday. The children’s Christmas program, “Star of Wonder,” will be held at 6 p.m. Sunday. Call 752-6485 or visit www.blackjackchurch.org.
- Grace Church, 3551 Charles Blvd., will present The Living Christmas Tree “Voices of Christmas” at 7 p.m. today and Sunday.
- The Mount Pleasant Christian Church choir, 1726 Staton House Road, will perform the cantata “In All of His Glory” at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Oakmont Baptist Church, 1100 Red Banks Road, will present Highest Praise and Joyful Sounds will perform “Sounds of the Season” at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The program will include a blend of traditional and mildly contemporary Christmas carols and songs. Call 756-1245.
- St. James United Methodist Church Christian Life Ministries Center, 2000 Sixth St., will host the Emerald City Big Band at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. The “Big Band Christmas” is a family-friendly event. Free, but a $7 donation is suggested.
- Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1001 Hooker Road, will celebrate the male chorus’ 30th anniversary at 4 p.m. Sunday. Performers include soloist Jesse Everett, The Gospel (5) of Oak City, St. John Missionary Baptist Church Soul Saving Station Male Chorus, Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church Male Chorus and The Faithful Few of St. Mary Missionary Baptist Church.
- Unity Free Will Baptist Church’s elementary choir will present “A Grander Plan” at 6 p.m. today-Sunday. The 46-member choir will sing eight selections which are woven into the play about Bill and Gina Broker, who discover that God’s plans are better than their plans. The church is located at 2725 E. 14th St.
- White Oak Missionary Baptist Church in Grimesland will hold an appreciation service for musician Kendrick Parker at 3 p.m. Sunday. The Rev. Gerald Gregory and Love Fellowship Church of Hertford will be guests.
For the complete article, please pick up a copy of The Daily Reflector. Current home delivery and electronic edition subscribers may log in to access this article at no charge. To become a subscriber, please click here or contact Customer Service at (252) 329-9505.