- Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church, 1095 Allen Road, will host Haywood T. Gay, the executive secretary-treasurer of the General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina at 8:45 a.m. July 13. Howard Parker Jr., president of the General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina and pastor of Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church, will also participate in the program. A reception will follow. To register, contact Garrie Moore at 752-4156 by July 8.
- Deliverance of Faith Pentecostal Ministries, 4778 Bryant St., Grimesland, will host Rodney Bullock’s initial sermon at 10:30 a.m. July 14.
- Haddock Chapel Free Will Baptist Church, 1506 Ivy Road, Winterville, will have a fellowship service at 11 a.m. Sunday. Pastor Charles Warren and Salem Chapel Free Will Baptist Church will be guests.
- Mount Zion Holy Church, 3325 Ayden Golf Club Road, Winterville, will have Holy Union services today and Sunday. Minister Debra Streeter will be the guest speaker today. Sunday’s service begins at 11 a.m., and dinner will follow.
- Next Generation Church, 401 N. Railroad St., Winterville, will host a workshop for young pastors at noon today. Pastor Tyrone Turnage will speak.
- New Vision Faith Ministries, 415 Evans St., will host the Kingdom Connection Fellowship Service at 3 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Joshua Brickhouse will speak.
- Paradise Outreach Ministries, 908 W. Star St., will celebrate its 14th anniversary at 7:30 p.m. July 11-12 and at 8 and 11 a.m. July 14. Guest speakers include Bishop James McIntyre of Cornerstone Family Worship, Washington, N.C., and Bishop Blake Phillips of English Chapel Church. Visit www.pominc.org or call 355-0300.
- Riddick Chapel Missionary Church, 228 W. Church St., Bethel, will celebrate the anniversary of the Rev. Marc J. DeNeal at 11 a.m. July 7. The Rev. Sydney Locks, former Pastor of Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church will speak. The church will have youth revival at 7 p.m. July 12. Guests will include Pastor Chance Lynch of Providence Missionary Baptist Church, the Rev. J.H. Alexander of Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church, Elder Shamieka Andrews of Canaan Free Will Baptist Church and the Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church Youth Choir, “Purpose.” The theme is “God is up to Something.”
- Sycamore Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 1001 Hooker Road, will have its annual men’s day celebration beginning at 7 p.m. July 11. The Rev. James H. Alexander, assistant pastor and youth pastor of Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church and Cornerstone’s male chorus will be guests. A gospel music brunch will be held from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. July 13. Guests include Ernest Silver of University Church of God; the Rev. Brendolyn Shaw of Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church, Williamston; Tyondra Garris of New Dimensions Community Church; and Nspire Music Group. A $10 donation is requested. The annual men’s day worship service will be held at 10:40 a.m. July 14. The Rev. Kenneth R. Hammond of Union Baptist Church in Durham will speak.
- White Oak Missionary Baptist Church, 4525 Mobley Bridge Road, Grimesland, will have an early worship service on Sunday. The service will begin at 10 a.m. The Rev. Celia Perry will speak.
- York Memorial African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, 201 Tyson St., will have men’s day at 10 a.m. Sunday. The theme is “Men Fully Relying on God.” The Rev. Randolph Cox of Koinonia Christian Center Church will be guest speaker.
- The Anointed Ones Church of Deliverance International, Ayden, will host its second annual block party from 3-7 p.m. July 13 at the Ayden Town Common, West Avenue Stage. The event will include a talent show, fashion show, giveaways, music and vendors.
- A Red Hat Gospel Brunch will be held at 11 a.m. today at the Hilton Greenville, 207 S.W. Greenville Blvd. Rachel Oliver Cobbin of Atlantic Starr will be mistress of ceremonies. Guests will include Kizzy Walker of the BET singing competition, “Sunday Best,” along with comedian Rod Allison. The Salvation and Deliverance Church Choir, 2011 winners at “How Sweet the Sound” choir competition, will sing. The event, presented by the Greenville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, will benefit the sorority’s scholarship fund. Tickets are $35. Contact Lillian Outterbridge at 355-7981.
- St. Mary Missionary Baptist Church, 1701 Staton Mill Road, will host senior fellowship day in celebration of its 10th anniversary at 11 a.m. July 10. The guest speaker will be Pastor Arthur L. King.
- The African Children’s Choir will sing at 6:30 p.m. Friday at Son Set Ministries, 1360 Lower Field Road, Ayden, and at 10 a.m. July 7 at Reimage Church, 3950 Victory Lane, Winterville. Music for Life, the parent organization for the African Children’s Choir, works in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa, providing education and relief. The concerts, which feature well-loved children’s songs, traditional spirituals and gospel favorites, are free. Donations will be accepted to support choir programs.
For the complete article, please pick up a copy of The Daily Reflector. Current home delivery and electronic edition subscribers may log in to access this article at no charge. To become a subscriber, please click here or contact Customer Service at (252) 329-9505.