In case NASA is totally wrong and the world does end sometime today a reporter from The Daily Reflector asked local officials what song they would add to an “End of the World” playlist:
- Greenville Mayor Allen Thomas — “Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye,” Steam
- Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks — “It’s the End of the World as We Know It,” R.E.M. or “There You Are,” Lonestar
- Pitt County Schools Superintendant Beverly Emory — “Amazing Grace,” sung by Elvis Presley
- East Carolina University’s Chief of Staff Phillip Rogers — “I Will Rise,” Chris Tomlin
- ECU’s Brody School of Medicine Dean Paul Cunningham — “Every Little Thing Gonna Be All Right,” Bob Marley or “Don’t Worry, Be Happy,” Bobby McFerrin;
- Pitt County District Attorney Clark Everett — “Anything by Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj or Justin Bieber. Compared to that, the end of the world wouldn’t be so bad.”
For the complete article, please pick up a copy of The Daily Reflector. Current home delivery and electronic edition subscribers may log in to access this article at no charge. To become a subscriber, please click here or contact Customer Service at (252) 329-9505.