After wrapping up one of the worst years on record in America, the new one so far has people — mostly politicians and pundits — comparing our nation to a banana republic.
Thursday, January 14, 2021
For 25 years now, I have used this space to publish innocuous thoughts about daily life. I get away with it because most readers have had similar thoughts and can chuckle at mine.
Thursday, January 07, 2021
After the new house was completed nearly two years ago, I left the inside trim work for me to finish. Friends and family warned that a house lived in is easy to leave unfinished. They were right.
Thursday, December 24, 2020
About four summers ago, I threw out my mother’s Christmas tree stand. It was in a shed that needed to be torn down, and I was making command keep-or-throw-away decisions on the fly.
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
KENANSVILLE — James Sprunt Community College has released the Fall 2020 President’s List, as well as the Fall 2020 Dean’s List.
Monday, December 21, 2020
KENANSVILLE — Front-line healthcare workers at Vidant Duplin Hospital were the first in the county to receive the COVID-19 vaccine on Friday, Dec. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickle Festival canceled for second straight year
- Tractor heavily damaged in Faison accident
- Firefighters save Kenansville man from home fire
- You’ll never go hungry at Country Boy Kitchen
- A passion for saving animals
- Boney Grist Mill to be restored
- William Edgar Thornton
- Duplin native accused of stabbing estranged wife 15 times, throwing her off balcony
- Hundreds turn out for drive-thru COVID-19 vaccine event
- Sampson Regional Medical Center's first baby of 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.