CALYPSO—The football has always taken weird bounces, but none like the pandemic-inspired uprooting that moved last fall’s 2020 high school football season to this midwinter/spring 2021.
BEULAVILLE — Anyone preoccupied with the pandemic might not have noticed, but 2020 was the third wettest year on record, pushing past 1944 when 55 inches of rain fell in both Raleigh and Fayetteville.
WALLACE — It’s small, easy to remove in just a couple of minutes, and it has precious metals in it more valuable per ounce than gold. Oh yeah, it’s also sitting under your car right now, and thieves are on the lookout for it.
Most Popular Stories
- Senior Traditions
- Top 'Dawg: Roberts re-writing rushing records at Wallace-Rose Hill
- Q & A with Hutch Jones
- Q & A with Mary Alice James
- Two sides to every story: farmers speak up
- Q & A with Jackial Swinson
- Dinner with family leads to $32M settlement for local farmers
- Out and About Calendar starting Oct. 21, 2021
- Q & A with Russell Eason
- Q & A with Joseph Bivens