Williamston – Improvements in case numbers leads to easing of visitor restrictions at Martin General Hospital.
With the decrease in the number of COVID-19 cases and Martin County’s downgrade from a red – signifying critical community spread - to an orange county (substantial community spread) – Martin General Hospital has eased visitation restrictions.
Patients may now have one healthy adult visitor, someone 18 years of age or older, per day. This is for inpatient units only. This does not include the Emergency Department.
The following are included in the updated restrictions:
• Once the visitor leaves the patient’s room, the visitor may not reenter that day.
• Visiting hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Emergency Department visitation is at the discretion of the ED staff.
• No visitors are allowed for COVID+ patients or patients awaiting COVID test results. Other patient conditions may prohibit visitors as well. Those wishing to inquire about virtual visits should call the nurse’s desk.
• Visitors must stop by the front desk before going to a patient room.
• All visitors will be asked COVID screening questions.
• Masks are mandatory at all times inside the hospital.
• Exceptions may be made for patients in end-of-life care.
The hospital front entrance remains closed after 5 p.m. and on weekends until further notice. Anyone who needs to enter the hospital during those times should enter through the Emergency Department.
Visitors are asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the building.
Practice social distancing when in the hospital, and limit the number of personal belongings brought to the hospital when visiting.
Visitors should limit their visit to the patient’s room only and masks are required at all times.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not visit the hospital:
Fever, chills, persistent cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, headache,sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, congestion or runny noseor body aches.