An Ayden man was arrested after a high-speed vehicle chase on March 21, according to a report from the Pitt County Sheriff’s Department.
According to the report, deputies were investigating the violation of a domestic violence protection order when they attempted to stop Lester Thomas Heath, 55, in a blue Chevrolet truck on Odie Moore Road, near County Home Road. He sped up and refused to stop.
The chase, which reached speeds of 110 mph, continued up to N.C. 17. State troopers halted the vehicle with stop sticks north of Washington, N.C., the report stated.
Heath was arrested and charged with felony stalking, violation of a domestic violence protection order, domestic criminal trespass, flee to elude arrest, resisting a public officer and speeding.
Heath was housed at the Pitt County Detention Center under a $57,000 bond.
In other cases, the sheriff’s officer released reports with the following details and allegations:
- 4112 NC 33 W, Greenville, 12:36 p.m. March 23: tobacco products valued at $56.81 stolen from Dollar General; case active.
- 200 block Derek St, 5:32 p.m. March 23: bicycle valued at $150 stolen from residence, later recovered; case active.
- 1700 block Wheatstone Drive, Greenville, 4:30 p.m. March 21: firearm valued at $400 stolen from residence; case unfounded.
- 160 Pug Moore Road, Bethel, 5:30 p.m. Feb. 29- 5:31 p.m. March 21: battery stolen from residence valued at $100; case closed leads exhausted.
- 4000 NC 33 W, Greenville, noon-2:26 p.m. March 22: brick thrown through vehicle window, five dollars stolen; case active.
1700 Robert Drive, 8:56 p.m. March 20: woman’s vehicle stolen by parent, later recovered; case cleared.
- 1300 block Foster Road, 9:53 a.m. March 23: woman assaulted at residence by spouse; case active.
- 8500 block Stantonsburg Road, Walstonburg, 9:15-9:28 a.m March 21: woman assaulted by boyfriend/girlfriend; case cleared by arrest.
- 3100 block Yankee Hall Road, Greenville, 11:26 p.m. March 20: man assaulted with handgun at lake, waterway or beach; case active.
- 3519 NC 43 N, Greenville, 6:34-6:46 p.m. March 20: man assaulted by acquaintance at Speedway gas station; case cleared.
The Greenville Police Department released reports with the following details and allegations:
- 210 S.W. Greenville Blvd, 6:55 p.m. March 24: price tags changed on general goods valued at $25.89; case cleared by citation.
1000 block Allen Road, 7:25 p.m. March 24: gun and gun box valued at $300 stolen from vehicle; case ongoing.
- 2521 N Memorial Drive, 7:51-8:01 p.m. March 24: beer valued at $34.22 stolen from Sheetz; case inactive.
- 900 block Douglas Ave, 2:55 p.m. March 22: residence broken into, two TVs valued at $900 stolen; case inactive.
- 3000 block Mulberry Lane, 4:30 p.m. March 22-4:48 p.m. March 23: jacket valued at $150 stolen from vehicle; case inactive.
- 3700 block Charles Blvd, 1:42 a.m. March 23: building broken into, vandalized, damages totaling $5,000; case ongoing.
- 1000 Charles Blvd, 2:20-2:35 a.m. March 23: beer valued at $15.99 stolen from Sheetz; case inactive.
- 250 Easy St, 10:14 a.m.-3:01 p.m. March 23: cigarettes valued at $200.85 stolen from Food Lion; case inactive.
- 3000 block Mulberry Lane, 12:24 p.m. March 23: cigarettes and sunglasses stolen from vehicle valued at $57, later recovered; case inactive.
- 4600 E 10th St, 2:35 p.m. March 23: food valued at $30 stolen from Walmart, later recovered; case cleared by citation.
- 1000 block Cortland Road, midnight- 12:02 p.m. March 20: high-point rifle, purse and duffel bag valued at a total of $400 stolen from vehicle; case ongoing.
- 4000 block Dickinson Ave, 3:47 p.m. March 20: wallet valued at $50 stolen from vehicle, vehicle vandalized by victim’s girlfriend/boyfriend; case cleared by arrest.
- 100 block Alexander Cir, 4:30-6:47 p.m. March 23: woman assaulted by relative; case inactive.
- 600 block Glendale Drive, noon-12:16 p.m. March 24: woman assaulted by neighbor; case ongoing.
- 800 block Emerald Park Drive, 8 a.m. March 22: man assaulted by spouse at residence; status unknown.
- 1100 block Chestnut St, 2:10 p.m. March 22: man assaulted at residence causing serious bodily injury, weapons unknown; case ongoing.
- 1900 block McClellan St, 8:38 p.m. March 22: man assaulted by acquaintance; case ongoing.
- 500 block Brighton Park Drive, 10:05 p.m. March 22: woman assaulted by boyfriend/girlfriend; case cleared by arrest.
- 1900 block Stantonsburg Road, 11:48 p.m. March 23: woman assaulted by boyfriend/girlfriend, car windshield valued at $600 damaged; case inactive.