A Greenville man was arrested for driving while intoxicated after he ran off the road and hit some bushes, a fence and two parked cars.
Devante Denoirea Belcher, 28, of 600 Glen Dale Drive, Greenville, was traveling west on East 10th Street about 1 a.m. on Feb 7 when he crossed the center line, running off the road and into bushes, through the parking lot of Papa John’s Pizza and through a white picket fence.
Belcher continued sliding into the parking lot of Cars on Ten, colliding with two parked vehicles, where he abandoned his sedan.
A Greenville Police Department officer arrived on the scene and was able to trace Belcher to the Papa John’s parking lot. There was a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and he failed sobriety tests. Belcher’s blood alcohol content was 0.12.
Seven other people were charged with driving while impaired, according to records available between Feb. 5-11.
In other cases court documents indicate:
- Kyera Shaunete Forbes, 29, of 2809 Flow St., Greenville, was stopped by State Highway Patrol at 10:58 p.m. on Feb. 9. Forbes was initially stopped for a non-functioning headlight, but the arresting officer noticed a dazed look, slurred speech and odor of alcohol on her breath. Her blood alcohol content was 0.18.
- Sheldon Joel James, 30, of 13 Merry Lane, Greenville, was arrested by State Highway Patrol at 3:06 a.m. on Feb. 11 after driving into a ditch on McGregor Downs Road. He had red, glassy eyes, slurred speech and was unable to follow officer instructions. His blood alcohol content was 0.16.
- Demetrius Lee Jordan, 33, of 4501 S. Edge Road, Ayden, was stopped by the Ayden Police Department at 1:24 a.m. on Feb. 8 on North Lee Street. Reports indicate that Jordan was speeding and summarily arrested for driving while intoxicated. His blood alcohol content was 0.11.
- Marion Antonio Nobles, 33, of 304 Monclair Circle, Greenville, was stopped at 10:48 p.m. on Feb. 8 by State Highway Patrol. A call to the communications center reported a disabled motorist on U.S. 13. When an officer arrived, Nobles was found passed out behind the wheel on the side of the road. The officer noted a strong odor of alcohol and Nobles told the officer he had drank too much. His blood alcohol content was 0.26.
- Shajadrah Alexis Spruill, 25, of 3806 Pamlico Court, Bethel, was arrested at 10:28 p.m. on Feb. 9. The State Highway Patrol reported stopped it Spruill as she was traveling at 73 mph with a headlight and taillight out. Spruill’s reaction time to the officer’s siren was slow and she told the officer she had been drinking. He blood alcohol content was 0.15.
- Dantony Matraol Ward, 41, of 529 McKay Road, Greenville, was stopped on N.C. 33 at 12:30 a.m. on Feb. 6 by the State Highway Patrol. Ward was driving in a turn lane and slammed on his brakes in in the middle of the road. He continuously tried to get out of the vehicle during the traffic stop, leading the officer to recognize slurred speech and a strong odor of alcohol on his breath. Ward refused an alcohol-blood test. He previously had a DWI in 2005.
- Daquan Montrez Westbrook
, 26, of 7 Merry Lane, Greenville, was stopped by the Greenville Police Department for a taillight violation while traveling on Reade Street at 11:05 p.m. on Feb. 5. The officer immediately noticed the smell of marijuana and that Westbrook had glassy eyes and slurred speech. After a field sobriety test, Westbrook was arrested. His blood alcohol content was 0.17.