A Tennessee man was arrested for driving while impaired after police saw him back his truck into a parked car in downtown Greenville.
A crash report said that Greenville police stopped Daniel Esteban Mathul, 25, of 3105 Clintwood Way, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, at 2:15 a.m. March 6, at Dirty Dan’s, 110 E. Fourth St.
A patrol officer observed Mathul backing his truck into the parked vehicle, which was unoccupied, striking its backside bumper. The officer stopped Mathul at the corner of Fourth and Evans Street.
Court documents said that Mathul had an odor of alcohol on his breath and admitted to drinking. He refused a blood alcohol test.
Mathul’s arrest was one of 12 recorded in Pitt County court documents between March 2 and March 14. Documents in those other cases contain the following details and allegations:
- Julianna Lanair Bassett, 25, of 110 Bella Vista Drive, Edenton, was stopped by the State Highway Patrol at 4 a.m. March 12, for driving at high speeds and failing to maintain lane control on N.C. 11 at N.C. 102 in Ayden. Bassett had red, glassy eyes, a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and was unsteady on her feet. Her blood alcohol content was .16.
- Logan Shane Chess, 24, of 510 Dexter St., Greenville, was stopped by Greenville police at 9:03 a.m. March 2 driving the wrong way on Reade Circle at South Pitt Street. Chess was traveling at 50 mph in the 35 mph zone when he was stopped. He had an odor of alcohol on his breath and red, glassy eyes. He told law enforcement he had been drinking. His blood alcohol content was .18.
- Cantrell Jovane Floyd, 35, of 1784 Raymond Harris Road, Winterville, was found by the State Highway Patrol at 11:30 p.m. March 2 on N.C. 33 near Mobleys Bridge Road after he ran his vehicle off the right side of the roadway. Floyd had red, glassy eyes and an odor of alcohol on his breath. His blood alcohol content was .08.
- Billy Gray Johnson, 61, of 119 Woodside Road, Greenville, was stopped by the State Highway Patrol at 6:19 p.m. March 4, on Greene Street at Belvoir Road after he failed to yield. Johnson had red, glassy eyes and slurred his speech. He was also swaying on his feet and had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath. Gray told the trooper he had consumed alcohol earlier that day. He refused a blood alcohol test. Johnson has prior impaired driving arrests from Jan. 11, 2015, Jan. 17, 2015 and Sept. 17, 2017.
- Ayesha Shaquarn Miller, 40, of 101 Pamlico Court, Aurora, was stopped by Winterville police at 8:13 p.m. March 7, on Cooper Street near Church Street after she failed to maintain lane control and drove left of center. She was also seen driving over the white line. Miller had red, glassy eyes, slurred her speech and had an odor of alcohol on her breath. She swayed while standing. Her blood alcohol content was .10.
- Denis Fernando Mendoza, 19, of 2934 Flintridge Drive, Greenville, was stopped by the State Highway Patrol at 11:40 p.m. March 7 on Old River Road near N.C. 33 after he drove left of the center line. He had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and admitted to drinking. His blood alcohol content was .11.
- Brittany Morgan Jankowski, 27, of 1105 Brownlea Drive, Greenville, was involved in a crash at 9 a.m. March 13 on Greenville Boulevard near East 10th Street. Details of the crash were unavailable. Greenville police responded to the scene where Jankowski was drowsy and falling asleep at the wheel, slurring her speech. She told officers she had taken two Xanax. Blood test results were not available.
- Destiny Angelique Leacock, 28, of 100 Kristin Drive, Greenville, was stopped by the State Highway Patrol at 2:43 a.m. March 10 on U.S. 13 at Pug Moore Road. A reason for the stop was not clear in court documents. She had a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and slurred her speech. Her blood alcohol content was .12.
- Lillian Ruth Smith, 62, of 305 Horseshoe Drive, Greenville, was stopped by Greenville police at 1:10 a.m. March 10, on North Memorial Drive near West Moore Street. Smith failed to move her vehicle over for emergency vehicles, which led to the stop. Officers found an open container of alcohol in her vehicle and Smith was slurring her speech. She refused a blood alcohol test.
- Cassie Faye Tadlock, 25, of 1526 S. Charles Blvd., Greenville, was stopped by the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office at 9:40 p.m. on March 13 on Greenville Boulevard near Memorial Drive after a near collision with a delineator and the median. Tadlock crossed the dividing line three times prior to being stopped. She was unable to complete tests from a deputy. Blood test results were unavailable.
- Galen Thomas Wethington, 38, of 1275 Spring Garden Road, New Bern, was involved in a single-car wreck on Gum Swamp Road at J.C. Galloway Road near Greenville at 7:58 p.m. March 11. The State Highway Patrol responded but a crash report was unavailable. Wethington had red, glassy eyes, slurred his speech and had an odor of alcohol on his breath. His blood alcohol content was .17.