The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office was not able to report what prompted a murder-suicide involving a Pitt County couple earlier this week, a spokesman said.
William Michael Lindsey, 46, shot Felicia Lynette Lindsey, 38, then turned the gun on himself about 2 p.m. Monday at their home at 1211 Frankie Coburn Road north of Greenville, the sheriff’s Office reported.
Deputies responded to a shooting call at the home along with paramedics and found the couple dead from gunshot wounds. Investigators determined it was murder-suicide based on witness statements and evidence gathered on scene, the office reported.
A handgun was found at the scene, Sgt. Lee Darnell said. He declined to comment further on the weapon or if other weapons were present.
No one was at the home other than William and Felicia Lindsey, Darnell said. He would not say if the couple had children.
The sheriff’s office has not dealt with the couple in the past, he said, other than damage to Felicia Lindsey’s vehicle in the past after it was left on the side of the road.
“Sadly, the circumstances behind what led to the outcome would just be speculation at this point,” Darnell said.
Family members were at the residence on Wednesday along with neighbors but declined to comment.
Frankie Coburn Road is located off of Rams Horn Road northeast of Greenville.
Two Greenville-area residents were arrested on drug charges after the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office stopped their vehicle at University Apartments, the department reported Friday.
Deputies stopped driver Miranda Andrea Genius, 28, and passenger Darrin Jermaine Patterson, 29, on Wednesday at the apartment on 10th Street as part of a drug investigation, the department reported.
Patterson had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court for felony drug charges and weapon violations, the department reported. A K9 alerted officers to the presence of narcotics in the vehicle. Deputies found 26 grams of heroin, marijuana, pills and $750 cash during the search.
Patterson was jailed under a $500,000 secured bond at the Pitt County Detention Center. He has been charged with two counts of trafficking opium or heroin; possession of controlled substance on premise of prison or jail; possess with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver schedule IV controlled substance; possess with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver schedule II controlled substance; two counts of maintain a vehicle/dwelling/place for controlled substances; two counts of possession of marijuana up to a half ounce; and posses with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver heroin.
Genius was jailed under a $20,000 secured bond. She was charged with trafficking opium or heroin and maintain a vehicle/dwelling/place for controlled substances.
In other cases, the sheriff’s office released case reports with the following details and allegations:
- 500 block Chicod Street, Grimesland, 7:40 a.m. March 25: unlocked vehicle with keys in ignition valued at $1,000 stolen from residence overnight; case closed, leads exhausted.
1200 block Mumford Road, 11:46 a.m. March 11-11:47 a.m. March 25: tag stolen from utility trailer; case active.
- 2000 block Doc Loftin Road, Ayden, 10:44 a.m. March 25: man assaulted at residence after an otherwise known offended broke into residence to terrorize; case cleared by arrest.
- 4900 block U.S. 258, Farmville, 12:47 a.m. March 25: woman assaulted by acquaintance; case active.
- 600 block Deborah Court, Greenville, 8:20-8:36 p.m.: man assaulted by boyfriend or girlfriend at residence; case active.
The Greenville Police Department has arrested a man in a shooting in the Westpointe area west of the Medical District, the department reported on Friday.
The incident took place about 5 p.m. Thursday in the 1400 block of Westpointe Drive. Officers arrived to find 25-year-old Cordell Bryant of Greenville suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. Bryant was transported to Vidant Medical Center with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Officers were able to identify 22-year-old Marquise Jaiqueze Jones of Greenville as a suspect and arrested and charged him on Friday with attempted first-degree murder in connection with the crime. He was jailed at Pitt County Detention Center.
Officers believe the men were in a dispute over a woman, a department news release said.
The police department this week released case reports with the following details and allegations.
- 2900 block Mulberry Lane, 8 p.m. March 24-3:21 p.m. March 25: smart watches and an alcohol monitoring unit valued at $800 stolen from the vehicle; door locking mechanism damaged; case inactive.
3900 block Sterling Pointe Drive, Winterville, 10 a.m.-4:11 p.m.: clothing valued at $120.49 stolen from residence; case inactive.
- 3000 block Satterfield Drive, 2 p.m. March 25-9:18 a.m. March 26: $300 cash stolen from vehicle; case inactive.
- 3600 block Prestwick Place, 8 p.m. March 25-9:07 a.m. March 26: sunglasses valued at $140 stolen from vehicle; case inactive.
- 450 Moye Blvd., 1:30-2:44 a.m. March 26: taser, cellphone, various cards valued at $106 stolen from man at Microtel Inn & Suites; case ongoing.
- 2521 North Memorial Drive, 8:32 a.m. March 26: beer valued at $20.79 stolen from Sheetz; case ongoing.
- 601 S.W. Greenville Blvd, 5:50 p.m. March 26: car parts valued at $69.99 stolen from Advance Auto Parts; case ongoing.
- 3200 block Moseley Drive, 5:35 p.m. March 26: man assaulted at residence; case ongoing.
- 4300 block Bostic Drive, 6:57 p.m. March 26: woman assaulted by acquaintance; case inactive.