A report of sexual abuse of a child led the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office to arrest a Grimesland man who had been the child’s foster parent, a Thursday news release said.
Deputies received a report of the abuse on April 17, the release said. Aaron Michael McLawhorn, 1383 Tucker Road, was the foster parent at the time of the incident.
McLawhorn was arrested on May 28 for three counts of statutory sexual offense with a child by adult, sexual acts by substitute parent/ custodian and indecent liberties with a child.
McLawhorn is being held in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $5.5 million bond.
The case remains under investigation.
The sheriff’s office released reports recently with the following details and allegations:
- 3500 block Speight Seed Farm Road, noon May 27: ladder valued at $2,000 stolen; case active.
- 3800 block N.C. 30, 11:30 p.m. May 27-3 a.m. May 28: Man allegedly assaulted a woman with firearm; weapon later determined to be fake; iPhone valued at $175 and Xanax valued at $25 stolen; case active.
The Greenville Police Department released reports recently with the following details and allegations:
300 block East 10th Street, 1:30 a.m.-4:45 p.m. May 26: televisions, clothes and posters valued at a total of $850 stolen from residence; case ongoing.
- 4600 E. 10th St., 5 p.m. May 26: grocery items valued at $238.40 stolen from Walmart; case cleared by arrest.
- 2700 block Jefferson Drive, 8 p.m. May 26-10:51 a.m. May 27: mini safe, food stamps, credit/debit cards, identity documents valued at a total of $36 stolen from vehicle, vehicle sustains $500 in damages; case inactive.
- 3428 S. Memorial Drive, 8:48 p.m. May 26: sporting items valued at a total of $1,100 stolen from Academy Sports; case ongoing.
- 400 block Winslow Pointe Drive, 5:44 p.m.-7:38 p.m. May 27: package containing clothing items valued at $60 stolen; case ongoing.
200 block Lindbeth Drive, 12:03 a.m. May 27: woman assaulted by sibling; case cleared by arrest.