The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a reported sexual assault that occurred in a field or woods along Pocosin Road outside of Greenville, according to a case report.
The incident occurred about 6 p.m. on Wednesday. The victim was 36 years old and lived nearby, the report indicated.
The case is ongoing.
- 2010 Mills Road, Greenville, 9:30 p.m. March 19: man robbed of $1,200 in cash at Mills Market; case active.
- 3600 block Cedar Drive, 11 p.m. March 19: structure broken into and vandalized; holes in wall from thrown chair; case active.
- 600 block Shadow Ridge Drive, Winterville, 6 p.m. March 18-3:30 p.m. March 19: pills, clothing and lock box with a total value of $130 stolen from residence; case active.
- 438 Old Snow Hill Road, Ayden, 6:30 p.m. March 19: SD Card valued at $15 stolen from residence, $150 in damage to truck; case active.
- 2200 block Woodmoor Drive, 6 p.m. March 17-7:14 p.m. March 18: attempted breaking and entering of vehicle; case active.
- 3000 block Mulberry Lane, 8:30 p.m. March 18-11:58 a.m. March 19: firearm valued at $600 stolen from vehicle; case inactive.
- 800 Paddington Drive, 2-10:29 a.m. March 19: firearm valued at $400 and unlisted item valued at $100 stolen from residence; case ongoing.
- 671 S. Memorial Drive, 9:30 a.m. March 19: Wahl Pro trimmer electric shaver and Wahl power pro trimmer kit valued at $83.98 stolen from Walgreens and later recovered; case cleared by arrest.
- 700 block Patton Circle, 10 a.m.-1:47 p.m. March 18: firearms valued at $800 stolen from residence; case ongoing.
- 3140 Evans St., 12:20 p.m. March 18: Apple adapters valued at $219.96 stolen from Best Buy, later recovered; case cleared by citation.
- 2830 Gateway Drive, 5-6:45 p.m. March 18: food items valued at $12.40 stolen from Walmart; suspect resisted officer; case cleared by arrest.
- 210 S.W. Greenville Blvd., 5:55-6:10 p.m. March 18: archery supplies valued at $419.75 stolen from Walmart, later recovered; case ongoing.
- 300 block S. Pitt St., 11:58 a.m. March 19: man assaulted by boyfriend or girlfriend; case inactive.
- 1300 block Cotten Road, 1:20 p.m. March 19: woman assaulted by relative; case inactive.
- 500 block Davenport Street, 9:06 p.m. March 17: man assaulted at residence; case cleared by arrest.
- 2200 block Sweet Bay Drive, 11:04 p.m. March 17: woman assaulted at residence by spouse; case cleared by arrest.