Three people forced their way into a home on Wednesday night and made off with an undisclosed amount of cash, the Greenville Police Department reported.
During the robbery which occurred at 9:48 p.m. at a home at 2205 Chavis Drive, Apt. B, one of the three burglars fired three rounds in the air, department spokeswoman Kristen Hunter said.
An incident report indicates the three people entered the home through an unsecured back door. The report also indicates two projectiles, three .38-caliber shell casings and a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun, along with two live rounds, were found at the scene.
Hunter said the victims, 35-year-old Danyell Dekendrix Maye, who lives at the home, and 24-year-old Devin Laroche Dunn were not injured in the incident.
Hunter said the robbery appears to be drug-related.
After the incident, a police dog located a gun during search near the home. Officers also stopped and identified two people leaving the area who matched the suspects’ descriptions, Hunter said.
They have not been charged in connection with the robbery as the investigation is ongoing, Hunter said.
The police department released reports Wednesday and Thursday with the following details and allegations:
- 400 block Cheltenham Drive, midnight. Oct. 12: Stove valued at $700 stolen from home; investigation ongoing.
- 700 block Southeast Greenville Boulevard, 11:05 a.m. Oct. 16: Clothing valued at $2,800 stolen from American Eagle; investigation ongoing.
- 200 block Southwest Greenville Boulevard, 1:43 p.m. Oct. 16: Grocery items and clothing valued at $39.17 stolen from Walmart; items recovered; cleared by citation.
- 200 block Southwest Greenville Boulevard, 4:53 p.m Oct. 16: Projector valued at $249 stolen from Walmart; item recovered; investigation ongoing.
- 500 block Southeast Greenville Boulevard, 5:04 p.m. Oct. 16: Clothing valued at $574.74 stolen from Old Navy; investigation ongoing.
- 200 block Southwest Greenville Boulevard, 8:20 p.m. Oct. 16: Phone screen protector and cosmetics valued at $42.75 stolen from Walmart; items recovered; cleared by citation.
- 100 block Concord Drive, 7:49 p.m. Oct. 16: 58-year-old woman assaulted by a child; minor injuries reported; case cleared; victim refused to cooperate.
- 4600 block East 10th Street, 10:40 p.m. Oct. 16: 21-year-old woman assaulted by a co-worker at Walmart; case inactive.
The Pitt County Sheriff’s office released reports Tuesday and Wednesday with the following details and allegations:
- 6000 block Allen Gay Road, Walstonburg, 6 a.m. Oct. 16: Electronics and jewelry valued at $5,700 stolen from home; case active.
- 1300 block Duran Street, 1:20 p.m. Oct. 16: 18-year-old woman assaulted by boyfriend; vehicle valued at $3,000 stolen; case active.
- 3000 block Clemmons School Road, Stokes, 5:44 p.m. Oct. 16: Male juvenile assaulted by acquaintance; case cleared; victim refused to cooperate.
- 1500 block VOA Site C Road, 11 p.m. Oct. 13: Wall and bedpost inside home sustained $40 in damages from bullet holes; case active.