Pitt County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested a Greenville woman on drug charges and seized heroin and $20,000 in cash earlier this week, a news release from the agency said.
The Special Operations Unit concluded an investigation into heroin sales on July 27 when detectives searched a residence 208-B South Pointe Drive. They found three grams of heroin and drug paraphernalia in addition to the cash.
Jennifer Nicole Blake, 35, was arrested and charged with three counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver heroin, three counts of maintaining a dwelling for the sale of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and alter/steal/ destroy criminal evidence.
She was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center and released under an $85,000 secured bond, the release said.
The sheriff’s office release reports in other cases with the following details and allegations:
A man was arrested on arson charges after deputies responded to a break-in report in the Winterville area on July 17.
Deputies investigating the call at 2107 Vale Court determined a fire had been purposefully set at the residence, a release said. The owner was not home at the time of the break-in.
The release did not say if the fire was inside out outside the home or offer details about damage. Detectives were able to identify a suspect and obtain an arrest warrant for David Tarrant, 18, of Winterville, the release said.
Tarrant was arrested on July 22 and charged with felony breaking and entering and second-degree arson. He was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center and released under a $35,000 secured bond.
- 100 block Faith Baptist Lane, Ayden, 8:45 a.m. July 23: vehicle parts valued at $100 stolen, driver-side window sustains $100 damage; case active.
- 2000 block Dallas Street, Greenville, noon-8:30 p.m. July 23: TV valued at $100 stolen; case active.
- 6300 block U.S. 264 West, Farmville, 5 p.m. July 22-12:13 p.m. July 24: trailers valued at $1,000 stolen; case active.
- 2900 block Birdsong Circle, Grimesland, 3:45 p.m. July 25: telephone or telephone equipment valued at $100 stolen; case unfounded.
- 200 block Fairmont Avenue, Greenville, 1 a.m. July 25-3:55 p.m. July 26: PlayStation, tablet, gold necklace, ring and chains valued at $1,200 stolen; case active.
- 1400 block Van Ness Avenue, Greenville, 3 a.m. July 24-7:43 p.m. July 26: bag of coins, Xbox, controller, earrings and two iPhones valued at a total of $1,195 stolen; case active.
- 5100 block County Home Road, Greenville, 6:23 a.m. July 23-8:11 a.m. July 27: tobacco products and gambling equipment valued at a total of $30.99 stolen; case active.
- 1500 block Hollow Drive, Greenville, 11:46 p.m. July 27: vehicle valued at $10,000 stolen, later recovered; case active.
- 100 block Cedarwood Circle, Bethel, 1:58 p.m. July 23: woman assaulted by known person; case active.
- 1600 block Staton House Road, Greenville, 7:40 a.m. July 24: man assaulted by spouse; case clear.
- 2200 block Chinquapin Road, Farmville, 2:37 p.m. July 24: woman assaulted by spouse, man assaulted by spouse.
- 2300 block East Fire Tower Road, Greenville, 5:05 a.m. July 24-5:05 a.m. July 25: juvenile assaulted by acquaintance; case clear.
- 400 block Blake Street, Washington, 1:42 p.m. July 25: woman assaulted by relative; case clear.
- 3700 block Cherry Street, Bethel, 3:58 a.m. July 26: man assaulted; case active.
- 5500 block Promise Drive, Washington, 10:25 p.m. July 26: man assaulted; case active.
- 4200 block Moye Turnage Road, Farmville, noon July 23-2 p.m. July 24: man assaulted, hammer drill valued at $300 stolen; case active.
The Greenville Police Department released reports with the following details and allegations:
1601 Evans St., 2:40-7:09 a.m. July 23: phone valued at $74 stolen from Family Dollar, window sustained $1,500 damage; case inactive.
- 3000 E. 10th St., 7:35 a.m.-4:07 p.m. July 23: mints vauled at $2 stolen from Duck Thru; case ongoing.
- 600 block South Pitt Street, 11:08 a.m. July 23: garbage container valued at $225 stolen; case ongoing.
- 210 S.W. Greenville Blvd., 12:56 p.m. July 23: clothing valued at $63 stolen, later recovered; case cleared by arrest.
2900 block Chellowe Court, 2:30 p.m. July 23: basketball goal and toddler pedal tractor valued at a total of $170 stolen; case inactive.
- 3428 S. Memorial Drive, 4:15 p.m. July 23: clothing valued at a total of $419.95 stolen from Academy Sports; case ongoing.
- 400 block West Fifth Street, 10:35 a.m. July 24: timber valued at $1,200 stolen from construction site; case ongoing.
- 100 block Holliday Court, 10:14 p.m. July 24: shoes, phone and cash valued at a total of $990 stolen during robbery, firearm used as weapon; case ongoing.
100 block Concord Drive, 11 p.m. July 24-12:46 a.m. July 25: jewelry, TV, clothing, playstation and cash valued at a total of $1,100 stolen; case ongoing.
- 100 block Harbor Pointe Lane, 5 a.m.-12:15 p.m. July 25: cash valued at $347 stolen; case ongoing.
- 3300 block Landmark Street, 10:30 a.m.-7:46 p.m. July 25: phone, car and apartment key valued at a total of $350 stolen; case inactive.
- 2400 block County Home Road, 12:03 p.m. July 25: license plate valued at $25 stolen; case ongoing.
- 210 S.W. Greenville Blvd., 2:48 p.m. July 25: household items valued at $169 stolen from Walmart, later recovered; case cleared by citation.
- 300 block S.W. Greenville Boulevard, 6:45 p.m. July 25: iPhone valued at $100 stolen; case ongoing.
- 600 block Clark Street, 6:45 p.m. July 25: book bag valued at $200 stolen, later recovered; case cleared by arrest.
- 100 block Oakmont Drive, 9:30 p.m. July 25-6:58 a.m. July 26: cash and personal checks valued at $100 stolen; case ongoing.
- 100 block Concord Drive, 4:21 a.m. July 26: firearm valued at $300 stolen; case ongoing.
- 210 S.W. Greenville Blvd., 8:50 p.m. July 26: groceries valued at $97 stolen from Walmart; case cleared by citation.