A 36-year-old Fountain man is facing felony charges after he allegedly assaulted an EMT on Friday as she answered the doorbell at her station, warrants obtained Tuesday indicate.
The assault took place at Farmville Rescue/EMS. The time that the assault took place was not listed.
Jammie Antoine Winstead of 3125 King Farm Road, has been charged with communicating threats, assault/physically injure emergency person, assault by strangulation and assault on a female.
He allegedly grabbed the woman’s neck and began choking her.
The warrants indicated that the woman also was punched in the ribs repeatedly and slapped on the face.
At one point, Winstead told the woman, “I will kill you.”
No further details were available Tuesday and the Farmville Police Department would not comment on the incident, saying that the report had not been approved for release yet.
Winstead was arrested on Saturday and jailed at the Pitt County Detention Center. Bond information was not available.
The Pitt County Sheriff’s Office released reports on Feb. 18 with the following details and allegations:
- 1800 block Edwards Farm Road, 4:50 p.m. Feb. 16: D.H. Conley Sign stolen; case active.
- 500 block Burruss Place, 8 a.m. Feb. 17: Cellphone and passport valued at $75 stolen from home; case active.
- 600 block East Littlefield Road, Ayden, 4 p.m. Feb. 17: Power tools valued at $300 stolen from vehicle; case active.
The police department released reports on Feb. 18 with the following details and allegations:
- 1600 block Wimbledon Drive, 7:50 a.m. Feb. 17: Apartment broken into; front door sustained $100 in damages; case inactive.
- 3800 block South Memorial Drive, 4 a.m. Feb. 17: License plate valued at $30 stolen from vehicle; case inactive.
- 3800 block Sterling Pointe Drive, 8 a.m. Feb. 16: Television set valued at $1,000 stolen from home; investigation ongoing.
- 500 block Pitt St., midnight. Feb. 16: Artwork valued at $500 stolen from University’s Edge Apartments/Dickinson Lofts; case inactive.
- 1500 block Myrtle Street, 7:24 a.m. Feb. 14, Jewelry and shoes valued at $1,100 stolen from home; case cleared; victim refused to cooperate.
- 3400 block South Memorial Drive, 9 a.m. Feb. 2: Dealer tags valued at $20 stolen from East Carolina Auto Exchange; case inactive.
- 200 block Southwest Greenville Boulevard, midnight. Feb. 12: Grocery items valued at $68.87 stolen from Walmart by employee; cleared by arrest.
- 700 block Albermarle Avenue, noon. Feb. 14: Briefcase valued at $450 stolen from home; case inactive.
- 3000 block Evans Street, 12:08 p.m. Feb. 14: Miscellaneous items valued at $350 stolen from Five Below; case inactive.
- 700 block Southeast Greenville Boulevard, 5:20 p.m. Feb. 14: Clothing valued at $42.50 stolen from Belk; investigation ongoing.
- 200 block Westhaven Road, 8:50 p.m. Feb. 14: $750 in quarters, $35 in cash, cellphone valued at $200 and numerous medications stolen from home; investigation ongoing.
- 400 block Student Street, 11:18 p.m. Feb. 14: Hammock valued at $40 stolen from home; lock sustained $10 in damages; investigation ongoing.
- 1000 block Charles Boulevard, 2:08 a.m. Feb. 15: Food items valued at $3.59 stolen from Sheetz; cleared by citation.
- 2700 block Stantonsburg Road, 4 p.m. Feb. 14: 27-year-old woman assaulted by boyfriend/girlfriend; investigation ongoing.
- 2000 block Tower Place, 6 p.m. Feb. 13: Vehicle sustained $300 in damages; case inactive.
- 300 block East 10th Street, 1:59 a.m. Feb. 14: Drywall, mirror of home and cellphone sustained $1,200 in damages; case cleared; victim refused to cooperate.
- 300 block Haven Drive, 2:45 p.m. Feb. 14: Rear window of apartment sustained $200 in damages; case inactive.
- 3300 block Landmark Street, 6:45 p.m. Feb. 14: Glass storm door of home sustained $200 in damages; case inactive.
- 3200 block Colony Court, 2 a.m. Feb. 15: Vehicle valued at $2,500 sustained unknown amount of damages; case inactive.
- 200 block Library Street, 1 p.m. Feb. 15: Home sustained $100 in damages; investigation ongoing.