...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in North
Contentnea Creek Near Hookerton affecting Greene, Pitt and Lenoir
For the Contentnea Creek...including Hookerton...Minor flooding is
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Additional information is available at water.weather.gov/ahps.
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until early Thursday
The Flood Warning continues for
the Contentnea Creek Near Hookerton.
* Until early Thursday afternoon.
* At 10:00 AM EDT Sunday the stage was 13.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 10:00 AM EDT Sunday was 13.2 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 13.3 feet
this evening. It will then fall below flood stage Thursday morning.
* Impact...At 13.0 feet, Minor flooding of low lying areas adjacent
to creek can be expected. Several homes threatened by water in
northwest Greene County near HWY 58.